Saturday, February 25, 2012

Projects update




   
     Two weeks before I had finished a magazine cover I had created in line with the tutorial I was assigned and had followed. I got the picture of a photo I had taken of myself with grease paint. Looking back at the picture it reminded me of how the marines look with camouflage. Though amusing, it gave me an idea for the title of the magazine. I named the title of the magazine Marine to go along with the picture. I used several gradients with a stroke effect in Adobe Indesign to create a backing for the text over it. I was generally pleased with the effect it gave the finished work. It looked very much what you'd expect from a magazine. This week we presented our typefaces mounted on foam board with dimensions of 11X17. I created three typefaces; a contoured, rounded off typeface in copper wire, a block lettered typeface in ripped up paper covered in acrylic paint, and a wire like typeface made of chocolate mixed with whipped cream in coffee. I personally found these mediums both aesthetically appealing and fitting to the design of each typeface. I got the effect I wanted out of all of them except for the copper wire typeface. The design of the typeface came out fine, but I wanted to create a sort of homage to the original arcade version of Donkey Kong by having the letters situated between the platforms  like in the game, from which  copper wire Donkey Kong would be barrels. The next assignment we were given after the presentations involves redesigning a magazine. It requires modifying the design of the cover, the table of contents, along with two pages of the first opening article. When I have done the magazine project, I'll have an update posted along with things we have done that week.

No comments:

Post a Comment