Saturday, February 4, 2012

Graphic Design update: Brief Photo-Typo Assignment


Hey guys! So, as of the last couple of weeks we have been diligently been working at finishing the assignment given. The assignment was to capture photographic images which are representative of the typographic characters, numerals, & associated symbols. We can do all upper case or all lower case letters or a mixture of the two. The challenge is to create 45 images; 26 letters (A-Z)  - 10 numerals (0-9) - 9 Symbols.
This was part one of that brief photo-type assignment. The second part is to photo capture signages, which are  industrial/commercial/craft based typography. The goal of this is to capture 15 types of these signages.  For the 1st part of the project I looked in my house for found objects and projections that looked like any sort of letter, number or symbol. I then put the digital images onto an Adobe Indesign template. Next, I went around the shopping centers near my neighborhood and took pictures of the most interesting and expressive sorts of signages. I put that also on an Indesign template. I printed out the pictures at Staples and mounted them each on an 11x17 piece of foam board. The presentation for these finished pieces worked out well. The pictures of the finished works in Indesign are displayed at the top in this post. Hope you enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment